We’re looking for someone to fill the following positions:
Senior Sexual and Reproductive Health Advisor is a job title.
Any big city in Nigeria is a good place to start (preferably Abuja or Lagos)
Part-time work is the most common type of job.
- Canada’s Field Support Services Project (FSSP) seeks to hire a Technical Specialist as Senior Sexual and Reproductive Health Advisor to provide expert analysis and advice to Global Affairs Canada IGAC) on a broad range of health issues, trends, and practices in support of GACS Development Program in Nigeria.
- GAC’s international development mission is to lead Canada’s international effort in poverty alleviation and humanitarian assistance in line with Canada’s new Feminist International Assistance Policy.
Scope of Work
This consultancy involves delivery of services in the following areas:
- Sexual and reproductive health and rights, including improving women’s health and accelerating the reduction of maternal mortality.
- Health System strengthening with a focus on primary health care.
- Other assignments relating to SRHR, as required.
Description of Activities
The advisor will provide technical services and advice to GAC in the areas of policy dialogue and donor coordination, health sector performance and trend analysis, sector based opportunity and constraint assessment, policy analysis, strategic planning, programme and project feasibility assessment, Institutional capacity analysis at the federal and state levels, programme and project planning, implementation facilitation, assessing results and analyzing lessons learned. S/he will explicitly and systematically integrate women’s and girl’s empowerment as well as considerations related to reducing gender equality gaps and eliminating barriers linked to gender equality vulnerability, and inclusion, into all aspects of her/his work.
The following provides a range of potential specific activities:
- Strategic research, analysis, and advice to GAC to help guide the design and development of RMNCAH projects and investments
- Upon request, providing support for external coordination and engagement in policy dialogue for a, including but not limited to the NDPG-Health, NDPG-Gender, sub-NDPGs on SRHR, and Health Partners Coordination Committee (HPC).
- Project specific support, including becoming familiar with key project / program documents, making periodic project site visits, assessing the environment and identifying trends and keeping GAC abreast of actual and potential opportunities and challenges, identifying lessons learned and recommend ways to improve programming
- Other services including provide input for the preparation of internal GAC work plans, reviews and progress reports, support preparations for visits of key stakeholders to participate in meetings, as well as arrange for site meetings of projects
- Upon request, attend meetings or events and present GAC’s interest as directed and provide reporting on the meeting in a timely manner for information and any follow up action.
- This assignment is expected to start in April 2022, with a level of work of approximately 90 days over a period of one year, subject to review should workdead increase.
- This position is open to all nationals with permit to work in Nigeria.
- The successful candidate can be based in any major city in Nigeria (preferably Abuja or Lagos).
Essential Qualifications / Experience
Candidates must demonstrate in their CV and Cover Letter, how they meet the following requirements:
- Postgraduate Degree from an accredited, recognized institution in a relevant discipline such as Public Health, Global Health, Women’s Health, Sociology, International Development, or another related field.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience working on international development projects focusing on RMNCAH, with a focus on sexual and reproductive health (SR), Immunization (including polio eradication, health system strengthening, and reducing the burden of key diseases and harmful practices affecting women and children
- Demonstrated experience of 5 years or more providing advice, including drafting briefing notes sectoral analyses, and monitoring and assessment reports for senior decision makers in donor agencies, government or civil society organizations or private sector. Samples of work to be supplied upon request.
- Demonstrated experience in performing monitoring and/or external evaluation.
- Prior experience with donor funding and donor approaches to RMNCAH and SRH, health system strengthening, reducing the burden of key diseases and harmful practices, preferably for the Government of Canada.
- Significant experience in the following thematic / sectoral subject matters: Public Health, RMNCAH, particularly SRHR and immunization, health equity / social determinants of health (especially gender), and health system strengthening (particularly health financing and human resources for health).
- Global Affairs Canada policies, programs, and initiatives, particularly as they relate to gender equality and reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health
- Nigeria’s health system at federal, state, and local government level including knowledge of Nigeria’s health strategies, plans and flagship programs.
- Results-based management (RBM) including the function of the logic model (LM) and performance measurement frameworks (PMF), and theories of change.
- Development implementation issues and challenges to achieving project results
- Social / gender norms and behavior change in the context of health interventions
- Knowledge and application of epidemiology and public health
- Knowledge and understanding of the global health context including international health architecture
- Knowledge of global partnerships for health including Gavi, GFE,GPEl and GFATM.
- Knowledge and application of the wider determinants of health particularly gender.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent skills in written and verbal communication, presentation and facilitation, and time management and delivery of finalized reports / deliverables by deadline.
- Working knowledge of Hausa and other local language skills is an asset.
1st March, 2022.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.